Who are we?
What kind of personal information does EBC collect?
The types of personal information we may collect and retain depends on the nature of our interaction with you and may include:
- Contact information such as your name, postal and email address and phone number;
- Payment information and preferences;
- Health information, including but not limited to skin concerns, health conditions and any adverse reactions to products or ingredients;
- Information about your preference for products or the services we offer as well as any feedback you have provided regarding our products and/or services;
- Information you have provided to us by social networks or mobile applications when you access or engage with our social media platforms; and
- Non personal information that does not reveal your identity, including your device ID, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address, standard web log information and cookies from your computer.
The information we collect about you will be referred to below as Personal Information.
How does EBC you collect Personal information?
We can collect your Personal Information in various ways, including when you:
- Visit our website to register an account with us and / or purchase products or book a treatment through our website;
- Visit our Salon and seek advice or information, purchase products or book a treatment; and
- Correspond with us on social media or messaging platforms, including email, Facebook and Instagram.
How does EBC protect the personal information it collects?
EBC is committed to keeping your Personal Information secure and protected from misuse, loss or unauthorised access or disclosure, including but not limited to via SSL Security encryption.
While we take all reasonable measures to protect the Personal Information, we hold about you, we cannot guarantee the effectiveness of our data protection or security measures.
Generally, we only store your Personal Information electronically, however we may also store it in hard copy if necessary.
We only retain your credit card information to process payment of a product or schedule in an appointment for a treatment. EBC does not personally hold your financial information on file, however this information may be stored by a third-party platform that EBC uses to process payments. EBC does not accept any liability in respect of the storage of your financial or other information by any third-party provider.
We will retain your information for as long as permitted and required by law, after which time it will be removed from our systems or destroyed.
How does EBC use the Personal Information it collects?
EBC may use your Personal Information in the following ways:
- To confirm your identity and manage your online account;
- To provide you with accurate and relevant information about our products and services;
- To send you newsletters or direct marketing campaigns that align with your preferences and previous purchase or treatment history directly or using third party platforms such as “Mailchimp”;
- To process your payments for products or treatments and protect your financial information against fraudulent transactions using third party platforms which may include PayPal, Stripe or AfterPay powered by Salon Pay;
- To schedule in your appointments directly or using third party platforms, including but not limited to “Timely”;
- To follow up or provide confirmation of any purchases or appointments you have made;
- To provide you with rewards and special offers for being a returning loyal customer;
- To publish a review or any feedback you provide or send to us on our website or social media platforms;
- To send you any products which you have purchased from us and schedule in any treatments you have booked with us;
- To improve the performance of our website and the customer experience;
- To gather information about our products, sales marketing campaigns and customer demographics;
- To process your exchanges or returns;
- To respond to any requests or complaints you make to us; and
- To disclose it to our auditors, advisors or any other parties to whom we are authorised or required by law to disclosure your information to.
EBC may also use your Personal Information for any other purpose which we state at the time of collection. You are responsible for ensuring that any information we have in relation to you is current and accurate.
If you wish to opt out of any direct marketing activities or campaigns, please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Does the EBC business premises use CCTV?
Yes, there are CCTV cameras installed at the Salon at reception and externally. Accordingly, please be aware that you may be captured on CCTV and your image stored. All CCTV footage is captured purely for your security and for the prevention and detection of crime. There are no CCTV cameras in any consulting rooms. Your privacy is our priority.
I have questions or an issue with how my Personal Information could be used by ESB, how can I get in contact?
You can request more specific information from EBC about the Personal Information we hold about you, for what purposes it is being collected, held or used.
Your enquiry or complaint will be dealt with as soon as possible, but in any case, no later than seven (7) days. If we cannot resolve your complaint within fourteen (14) business days, we will contact you an let you know how long it will take to address your complaint.